Thursday 21 November 2013

Redemption Trinity at the Euston Tap

Following an excellent meal at The Fellow in King's Cross, my lovely friend Bella and I decamped to the legendary Euston Tap for a post-prandial beverage. For provincial readers, this former wing of the Euston Arch is one of London's premier beer locations; no messing around here, just pure dedication to ale.

Sadly - unbelievably - I was driving, so Bells was supping the majority of the booze. She could see the sadness in my eyes so restricted herself to just a cheeky half of Redemption Trinity. 


It was an excellent choice, but given the superlative choice on offer they could barely fail. Trinity is a 3.0% pale ale, and - at the risk of repeating myself - it's fruity, hoppy, with citrus overtones etc. the three sips I had I really enjoyed. 

What I've learned over this beer odyssey is that I really, really like pale ale, but it's a pain to find new ways to describe it. 

And as for the Euston Tap, it's worth adding an hour on to your journey to the north west to have a couple of the superb selections on offer. Don't expect a seat, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment