Saturday 28 September 2013

Atlas Wayfarer IPA


After the amazing success of the Hawkshead earlier, I returned the fridge with fresh vigour and a renewed spring in me beery step. What other delights did the Sainsbury's £1.50 ales have to offer?

Next up was this, from Orkney. I do love a good IPA, so I was really looking forward to this. 

Part of the problem of having a really enjoyable beer is that the next one can seem exceedingly disappointing if it's not up to the first. This is by no means a bad beer, but my first impressions were "meh". It's not up to the Hawkshead. 

BUT - it's still pretty good. I just need to be objective about it...it's clear, dry, less hoppy and flavoursome than the Hawkshead, easy to drink and a cut above the average...but not by much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment