Friday 23 August 2013

Badger - Blandford Flyer

I've talked before about my love of West Country ales, and Badger is one of those favourites. That's mainly because it's a constant in the Sainsbury's beer ale and hence I've drunk a lot of their output down the years.


But this one I really like. I don't mind the odd bottle of Crabbies, but this is ginger-inflected ale rather than, er, ginger ale. This beer (5.2%) is lighter than the ABV might suggest, and sparklingly refreshing - a bit like a shandy with a big ol' lump of ginger chucked at it. Forget hops, forget citrus tones, forget lychees even - it's just a tasty ol' summer drink.

2 comments:

  1. Tut tut!
    http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/160812087-ale-lovers-unite-save-manchester-beer-ticketybrews-name-after-crabbies-claim-trade

    ReplyDelete