Wednesday 14 August 2013

Marble - Lagonda IPA

Nelly

Manchester's flagship brewery, Marble, has been on my radar since I mistakenly ordered a pint of their other offering, because it is confusingly (for me) called "Pint". That was at the MOSI beer festival in 2011, when I had intended to order a half, as is the norm at these things. Personally, I think the naming was a cunning ploy to trick drunken punters into buying more beer than they'd intended. Anyway, my pint of Pint was delicious and I subsequently felt the need to confirm this with several visits to the Marble Beer House in Chorlton. 

I realised I hadn't really tried the other offerings in the Marble range so I treated myself to a Lagonda IPA.



This is described on the bottle as a clean, hoppy IPA. It was well carbonated and poured with a perfect head, presenting a lovely deep, complex hoppy nose.  The taste was fresh yet intriguing, perhaps a product of the six different hops used. There was definitely the usual grapefruit bitterness and something else too. Lychee, perhaps?

Lagonda is a beautiful example of a craft-brewed IPA and I can't wait to try some other Marble beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment